Monday, September 16, 2013

Grace's 3rd Birthday

Today is Grace’s birthday. I always find it interesting that her birthday happens to be at the start of ‘year’ (as far as kids are concerned). And that within a few weeks of this time frame, I found out about the affair, my husband was gone and I started my life as a single mom.  So much change in such a short period. Starting anew with no warning. It is an emotional day for me. Overwhelming joy and gratitude for the blessing of my daughter, mixed with pain from wounds that are still healing. I hope one day to only feel the joy and the gratitude and that the wounds will heal and be only a small speck in the past.

The best advice I've received so far is to put many good events between you and the bad event.  Yesterday we celebrated Grace's birthday with family and her close friends and the love that surrounded her (and I) was beautiful.  The light from that love far outshines any dark that we have walked through to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment