Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keep Calm and Eat Cake

A couple of friends from work and I were commiserating over all of the change and uncertainty in our workplace over lunch today.  Left with not much to make us smile, we turned to the usually go-to: sugar!  We drove to the best bakery, arguable anywhere, but definitely in our immediate area, and ordered a colorful cake and had “Keep Calm and Eat Cake” written on top in bright pink icing.  We brought it back to share with the team who are all equally on edge and equally in need of a chuckle.

As we lavished in this delectable delight, I couldn’t help but think how true the quip was for my life right now: Keep Calm and Eat Cake.  I am doing everything in my power to improve my work situation and I’m addressing Grace’s heart issue with the information that I currently have. There is nothing to be done until more information is available. And while the uncertainty of both situations is anxiety-provoking, I am trying hard to keep perspective and focus on enjoying what is right in front of me - Cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment