Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ingredients for Joy and Meaning

As I continue to read “The Gifts of Imperfection”, from Brene Brown, she suggests to make a list of what activities/items you consider to contribute joy and meaning to your life. And then compare it to your to-do list to see if your actual activities align with what you need for joy and meaning.  I am not going to share my to-do list as it probably looks similar to most other mom’s of a 2 year old. However, I thought this would be a good venue to start my ingredients list & I encourage you to share your list or even an item or two that you think may be missing!

- Downtime outside: long walks with Grace and our dog, laying in the hammock together, eating dinner outside, going to the park, etc
- Family adventures: going new places and experiencing new things (both for Grace and I)
- Spending time with loved ones, both family and close friends
- Stimulating work that provides a sense of accomplishment
- Exercise
- Music: playing, listening, spontaneous dance parties with Stella and/or friends
- Going to church
- Helping others

No comments:

Post a Comment