Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Chip on My Shoulder

An interesting thing happens when you start to spend time investing in yourself - you enjoy it!  You enjoy being alone, value your time, and look forward to more of it.

Whereas I used to constantly try to prove my worth to guys, I now go in thinking - why are you worth my time?  Prove that you are worth my valueable time.  As such, I have been going in to dates with a chip on my shoulder!  As if they are intruding on my precious personal time!  That they are asking too much of me to invest my time & energy in someone who I don’t even know.

I’ve been going along with it but trying to set some hard & fast boundaries. A first meeting with someone you meet online is not a date - it is drinks to find out if you want to have a first date. So no, I do not want to have dinner with you. And please don’t tell me you are looking forward to my company when you don’t know me. At best, you may be looking forward to meeting me (well obviously you are).  The instant accessibility that the internet affords you is creating a false sense of intimacy and guys seem to think that the first time we meet should be some big magical date - but it isn’t!  It’s merely the first time we meet!  Then if we hit it off, by all means, take me on a big, magical date!

No comments:

Post a Comment