Monday, July 30, 2012

Is no news good news?


I have no news to report this week.  I am not convinced that is good though.  I had a short text conversation with Mr. Nice Guy at the end of last week which semi-smoothed over my rambling from the date. Then he went away for ‘boys weekend’ and I haven’t heard from him since.  Yeah, couldn’t have left that good of impression. (remind me at some point to examine why I have decent first dates with no follow up. Are the first dates not as good as I think? Or am I the psycho stalker girl after?  I’d like to think I’ve grown out of any bad dating habits. Perhaps, as many have suggested, I’m just picking the wrong people to have a first date with!)

So no guy drama. No life drama since nothing is going on. I’ve been enjoying my small moments with Grace. I picked up my first stone to fill my jar (see: Fill ‘Er Up!) last night when we spent a blissful evening playing at the park. She is such a joy: the way she lights you up inside and out just by looking at you. When she hugs me, it sends tingles through my skin and lifts my heart.  

Well, maybe that is the answer: for this week, no news was good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment