Sunday, April 7, 2013

Derailed

Even the best of intentions can be derailed...by the Norovirus!  


Last week I went on the final date of the match.com series of guys and yet another non-fit.  All nice guys, none that click enough to move to a 2nd date. Oh well.


I came home from the date to wake up 2 hours later sicker than I’ve been in my life. I’m still in pajamas 3 days later while writing this (yes, I’ve showered). Nothing sidetracks enjoyment like a good ol’ stomach bug.


Here’s what I’ve learned:
- don’t eat ice cream when you have a stomach virus (previously I thought ice cream, was a cure-all. I was wrong).
- Fevers take your anxiety and magnify it like Alice in Wonderland eating the crazy cakes.  Holy scary stressful dreams!


What I don’t get:
- When you work so hard to try to find a little balance, why does the universe seem to conspire to stop it from happening?

What is really bugging me is that I’m trying to find this balance, and yet at a time when it seems like I’ve grown so much and am making sound choices, I feel more lost in myself than ever.  Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment