Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Experience of Writing

After a bit of a stall, I recently picked up “Carry On Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed” by Glennon Doyle Melton to finally finish this book - and wow - it never ceases to amaze me how Melton articulates thoughts that I was convinced no one else had.  When writing about her experience writing she says, “Reality and writing work together to create my memories, and the final result is that I remember things more beautifully than they actually happened.  Or maybe in writing them down, I'm able to see for the first time how beautiful they were".

Such an amazing insight and could not be truer of my experience!  So on that note, I am heading to visit Chap for a week and will likely not be able to post during that time, however I’m looking forward to writing down all of the beautiful insights, lessons and memories that become more vivid to me as I record them.

No comments:

Post a Comment