Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Runner: Date #2

I went out with The Runner for the second time last night. We went to hip restaurant in a part of the city I had never been to, walked around a bit and grabbed a drink at a Mexican joint before heading home.  It was a really lovely evening. Not only did he plan out the evening (finally - no planning/thought required on my part!), but he was very thoughtful in doing so.  He continues to amaze with his honest and genuine nature.  He already mentioned date #3 and sent a very sweet text at the end of the night. This is all so novel considering the amount of work I've had to put in in the past and now I can relax and enjoy rather than worrying what happens next all of the time!

I’m trying to focus on the here and now - two good dates. That is a positive thing. And not get carried away, as obviously you can tell I have a tendency to do :)  Walking the fine line between reality, being positive and tempering the ongoing fairy tale storyline in my head is difficult.  I am guessing this isn’t normal but I’m convinced one day Mr. Right will show up at my door, professing his unwavering love for me and intention to be a solid part of Grace’s life and we will all ride off in the sunset to go get ice cream!!  In reality...I did get flowers at my door yesterday (from my best friend from high school....it makes you feel like a million bucks when someone sends you flowers). And The Runner’s good night text was so sweet it could have been from a movie.  So maybe I’m getting a little taste of fairy tale.  Sometimes things just don’t come in the exact shape that you expect.  And sometimes the unexpected is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment