Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend in Review: Contentment

I spent Friday with my mom, treating her to a Mom’s day out for lunch and a shopping splurge to get something to spoil her for all that she has done for Grace & I as well as our extended family. It was a purely blissful day as we basked in each others company, all smiles and love.

I headed to the shore friday night spend some QT with the awesome girls that I once called my housemates and now call my friends.  While I was down there, I knew there was something I had to wrap up: Mr Nice Guy. I avoided him Friday night, not yet ready to have the conversation that was looming and then finally on saturday night, we met out at the bar and I pulled him aside to tell him that I can’t put a cap on my level of interest in someone nor the feelings that may come from that. And that he already has a cap on what he is looking for. He told me that he completely understood followed by a long list of compliments (which was very flattering and very appreciated) and thanked me for telling him up front where I was at.  So that chapter is closed and now I can cleanly and clearly pursue finding someone who is looking for the same thing.

Overall, for the first time in my life, I can say that I feel content.  Prior to this, I didn’t even think I was capable of contentment but spending evenings with Grace & our dog, walking around the block, listening to Grace sing and point out all of the objects that she can name is pure joy.  Spending time with my parents, whom I am now closer to than ever has been wonderful. And making many new friends in the last few months as well as spending time with already close friends during the summer has been an absolute blessing.  Between looking at what is there rather than what isn’t and starting to make decisions true to who I am, rather than who I think I might be/should be/want to be - I feel content.  (and my stone jar of memories, meant to be filled to ‘fill the void’ with new memories, has barely started!)

No comments:

Post a Comment