Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm Going to be Happy at Work Plan



Related to yesterday’s blog post on making your situation the best, another comment that struck me right upside the head this week came from my Uncle. I told him about the disappointment in my new job and he said “each day I said to myself “I’m going to be happy at work today” and I had to choose to do so.”  Elementary - yet genius!


As an addendum to the “make your situation the best” plan, here is Diana Prince’s “I’m going to be happy at work” plan:
- Listen to music that I enjoy at least once a day at work - it takes me out of the environment to a happy place
- Have a friendly conversation with someone unexpected each day - establishes connection and all around makes the workplace warmer if everyone did this!
- Send a short pick me up email to one friend each day - keeping connection with friends alive and fresh!

Suggestions needed - what do you do to be happy at work each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment