Monday, June 3, 2013

An Unintended Side Effect of the Month of Me

While the Month of Me was effective in lowering my anxiety with no worries of whom I should be meeting and where I should be going, it also had an unintended side effect that my confidence has dropped. Although I have turned down various guys during 2013, that also means I haven’t been out on many dates.  As a result, I don’t feel attractive or desirable in any way. In fact, when I’m out, I fear that all guys see is a 34 year-old going on 84 who is slightly broken and worse for the wear.  I thought that taking time to yourself was supposed to boost self-esteem, not make you feel worse!  This is in part due to the lack interaction\interest from guys and part due to a feeling of isolation which is magnified when you aren’t dating.

In the last week I was asked out by 2 guys who are both nice enough, but I want to turn them both down because neither really peaks my interest and gets me excited to go out. There are 2 paths:
1) If I complain that I feel isolated, then I should get out there and give any guy a chance who seems like he is on the up and up.  
2) If I want to keep my energy for myself, I need to accept that means a bit of feeling isolated, and wait until I meet someone who really peaks my interest before saying yes.

What do you think? I’ve been flip flopping on which way to go!  What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment