Monday, February 24, 2014

Sticking with the checklist




Example A: The pace setter in the previous post did 3 things: worked, went to the gym, went out with friends.
Example B: When I asked the pace setter’s friends what things they did, they looked at me with a blank stare and said: work, go to the gym, go out. 

I made this ok in my head because “he’s just being a guy”.

Here’s are the qualities that I really want:
-  -        Smart
-   -      Funny
-   -     Kind
-    -    Caring
-   -     Generous
-    -    Has interests, preferably including something cultural
-     -   Reads
-      -  Is continually seeking to learn more/grow
-       - Can hold a conversation that dips below surface level topics

So why do I so easily abandon this list and convince myself that someone who has 1 or maybe 2 of these qualities may be “potential”?  Seems like it is time for a change – time to start evaluating a guy using logic and not just heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment