Friday, February 28, 2014

“There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.”



I saw this post on Facebook this week, “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” – Don Miguel Ruiz

This rings true for my week, both professionally and personally. How much easier would it be to give candid feedback if you stayed focus on the goal or outcome and didn’t take the process personally?  Definitely much easier to receive feedback!

With The Pace Setter – wow did I take that personally. Even though I knew he was a Class A Jerk, I still had doubt creep in that many I should have been different.

And even still now with The Chap, once a day I still wonder why he hasn’t gotten in touch. Sometimes I want to reach out and then I replay all of the awful things he said and remember he hasn’t earned my friendship. Even now, he hasn’t reached out himself to make amends and true to earn the friendship he claimed to want.  And still I internalize it and take it personally, as if maybe I’m not worth the effort, instead of remembering that he is weak and weak, unreasonable people don’t like to admit they are weak & unreasonable, usually the just run away to find someone weaker who will indulge them.

So my wish for all of you for the upcoming weekend is to take nothing personally and enjoy the freedom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment