Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sadie Hawkins Day

It’s Sadie Hawkins Day!  And if you can’t remember the etiquette that goes along with the Sadie Hawkins Day dance in high school, let me remind you: it’s the girls day to ask a guy out.  

Though I’m still technically on “Time Out”, I decided to take this opportunity to ask out a guy I’ve had my eye on...using a more modern approach - Twitter!  I’ve tweeted to him numerous times before, only receiving a response once, all other tweets met with silence...to be honest, I’m probably on the short list for being blocked!  So today, in a last ditch effort, I took advantage of the girl-empowered sentiment and tweeted a date request to Jeremy Hobson (host of NPR’s Marketplace Morning Report). You can hear his melodic voice and witty commentary on market activity every morning around 7:50am. Here is my tweet: It is Sadie Hawkins Day - it's the gals day to ask! @jeremyhobson would you like to go out on a date?

No comments:

Post a Comment