Thursday, March 1, 2012

What do you really want?

It hurts when someone you care about suddenly changes tracks and pulls back. You don't know why. Personally, I tell myself it must be because of me. Well, I'm tired of telling myself that. And tired of letting someone elses actions make me feel bad. Tired of analyzing why they are acting the way.

So I asked myself what do I really want?  Do I really want this person to go back to acting as before so as to relieve my anxiety over why their behavior suddenly changed?  No because that is a band aid. That is feeding the addiction of basing my worth on another person. Screw that!

What I want for myself is to know that I’m ok regardless of what is going on with someone else. To feel confident enough in who I am that if someone else changes tracks I won’t take it personally because I’m living my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment