Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Match date: The Salesman

I went on a date with someone from match.com last night. He owns his own company and is the consummate salesman. It is who he is. Not in the slimy way, as he is very genuine, but in that very extroverted, outgoing way when someone shares their enthusiasm for something and others get on board.  As a result of his natural salesman-ship he has done very well for himself, starting up two companies.  And..drumroll please...he owns his own house!  

He was very engaging and kept the conversation going when I wasn’t, so all in all it was an enjoyable night. He asked me out for a second date at the end of the first. However, there wasn’t much romance or intrigue, more just that he seems like a solid guy so I’m agreed to another date.

True is, I still miss The Runner. Maybe I need electro-shock therapy like Carrie on Homeland to get him out of my mind (although she WAS right about Brody afterall).  Do I think I’m right about The Runner? No.  Do I think I’m a little lonely and miss the comfort and especially the intrigue from the first month? Of course! So I’m holding strong on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment