Monday, October 27, 2014

Abundance


Shortly after I packed for an overnight work trip, I was semi-obsessing over if I remembered everything (this is my normal routine: pack ahead of time and then obsess in the interim time leading up to my departure).

As I was fighting off the feeling of isolation setting in, I wondered to myself: should I pack the work gold ones? Because the casual gold ones are not appropriate for this meeting.  Then it hit me - I have, not one, but TWO pairs of gold shoes. How lucky am I? Gold shoes are a luxury, they aren’t a practical shoe to own -- andI have two pairs to choose from!  An abundance of luxury.  Perhaps I need to shift my focus away from what feels like is missing to what is right in front of me - two pairs of gold shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment