Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Revising the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Date Checklists

I don’t get it - how is this an acceptable invitation: “Cuddle date. 8pm tonight. I’ll bring wine”.  This came from someone on Tinder after exchanging a bit of witty banter then bam - the d-bag invitation.  I politely declined and let him know that guy’s looking for cuddle dates with girls they’ve never met are not on the same page as me (to which he replied that I shouldn’t judge him against other guys I’ve met before! LOL!!!)

I’m revising my February 24th checklist:

Must have for a 1st date:
  • Smart
  • Educated
  • Makes me laugh before meeting him
  • Has varied interests outside of sports and drinking

Must have for a 2nd date:
  • Intelligent
  • Made me laugh on the 1st date
  • Career oriented
  • Kind
  • Has some opinion about musical tastes (for some reason guys who don’t care about music tend to not care about much else either)

Must have to move past the 2nd date:
  • Caring
  • Generous
  • Is continually seeking to learn more/grow
  • Can hold a conversation that dips below surface level topics

No comments:

Post a Comment