Monday, October 13, 2014

New Car Mojo!


Over the weekend I got a new car.  A bit of history: when I got divorced I was driving a Ford Escape out of utility. I hate driving and we needed an SUV so that was adequate. Right the divorce, I traded it in (fully paid off but with very low miles) and got a used Lexus RX.  In my family, owning a Lexus means you have made it in life!  I felt spoiled but moreover, I LOVED the car that I drove - afterall, if I was going to HAVE to be the primary driver, I was going to enjoy it.

This car suited us well for the last 4 years, but I was getting an itch to get something smaller, more sporty. Call it a new phase in my life or a good old fashioned mid-life crisis, I traded in the RX and bought a Lexus GS - a beautiful pearly white sporty sedan. It is light on the inside & out and feels lighter to drive. It perfectly matches where I am and where I’m growing to.

So on Sunday, I picked up The Soccer Player in my new sporty car and we went to my favorite restaurant in the city to celebrate (note: this is the one and only time I will ever pick a guy up on a second date, it was purely to cruise around in the new wheels...LOL)  We talked nonstop over dinner as I listened to stories of his family and his home (Istanbul).  When I took him home, we kissed - the way a perfect second date kiss should be and then we made plans for date number three.  This new car has definitely increased my mojo!

So far, he  has been soft and open, not hard and partially shut off like most guys I have dated.  Most of all, he is constantly smiling, which has a way of making you feel like everything is ok when you are with him.

The ironic part of this all is that I was happy BEFORE I met him.  Usually when I meet someone I’m interested in, I get that surge of elation and hope that fuels me right into the happy zone. But this time, I was already there. So as we enjoyed a long dinner my only thought was to slow down and soak it all in, enjoying every delicious bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment