Thursday, August 28, 2014

Calm and Content

I solved the mystery of ‘crazy in context’, learning exactly how the discussion unfolding and it was as innocent as the Good Doc made it out to be (perhaps with a bit of miscommunication mixed in). Either way, the guard I had up quickly melted after we made fried green tomatoes and had dinner together followed by wine and talking for 6 hours.

I don’t even know how to describe this feeling (ironic to write a blog if you can’t articulate what is going on), but the Good Doctor is one of the sweetest people I’ve dated. Not by gushing but by doing nice things & occasionally dropping in the sweet comment.  I don’t feel nervous or anxious around him but instead calm and content. He does things to make my life easier, not harder. And seems to be overall interested in my well-being.  

It is funny, after a pattern of constantly giving, giving, giving, I almost feel guilty receiving so much kindness. Like I’m somehow taking advantage of him.

I’m excited to see what happens next, but cautious that it’s still early days and there is still much to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment