Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Confusing Charisma for Substance

I’m attracted to charismatic guys. Who isn’t? They are all charming & full of wit and energy. Who wouldn’t want to be around that? But I’ve recently realized that charisma does not equal substance. And what I need is substance. I can’t date ‘average’. It’s just not for me. I get bored and my mind wanders and frequently I find myself wishing I was at home or doing something else..anything else but sitting across from someone who has fallen far short of capturing my attention.

The charismatic guy always captures my attention. I’m instantly drawn in. But after a short time, the charismatic guy who lacks substance is usually revealed to be as average as the others. Without substance to back it, they are still two dimensional. Substance is what adds dimension and what will hold attention over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment