Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Back on My Path (and Why It’s Important to Shower Before a Date)


I had one last online date scheduled from a guy who I emailed with for way too long.  After he informed me he would be coming straight from soccer practice and wanted to meet somewhere casual and outdoors, I informed him I was worth showering for and called it off.  I mean really, if you can’t shower for the first date, what does that mean for future efforts?

So I put stinky soccer coach, along with the roofer and my Tinder profile on a shelf and have been trying to spend time being alone with myself. Boy, being alone after such a run of guy craziness is an adjustment. I can feel my mind squirm at the new-found space it has that is not occupied by trying to reply to someone, trying to set up a date, or trying to interpret what a text means!  

OUR TRUE NATURE
Our true nature is like a precious jewel: although it may be temporarily buried in mud, it remains completely brilliant and unaffected. We simply have to uncover it.

I may have walking through the mud and the weeds, buried in a muck of anxiety but that doesn’t change who I am - and I’m happy to be back on the path to uncovering that!

No comments:

Post a Comment